What are some really practical tips that anyone can do to raise their consciousness?
Well, first we need to figure out what raising your consciousness is…
It’s often referred to as an awareness or awakening, but even those terms are a little vague or nonsensical.
Raising your consciousness means increasing your consciousness. Because as you increase its size, it must therefore raise, and it also expands. So you increase it by learning, growing, developing, and evolving as a person. It’s really about personal growth.
When you have personal growth, you experience growth on a physical level, on a mental level, and therefore on an energetic level. The mental level is the consciousness. You experience massive growth, you undergo massive transformation on all levels.
So here are 5 simple, practical tips to expand your consciousness:
- Get out in nature. Let the sun shine on you, let the rain cleanse you, listen to the trees whisper and the birds sing. Experience the earth as Mother Nature intended.
- Read fiction. Fiction exercises your imagination muscles, which helps your creativity. And with creativity comes flow and beauty.
- Create art. Art in any form – music, painting, sculpture, cooking, dancing, writing – we need to be creative to use all the parts of our brain, to discover new things, and to have breakthroughs.
- Talk to yourself. Connect with your Self through writing or speaking, and listen to what You have to say. You have infinite wisdom, and if you listen to it you’ll expand your mind. Bonus points for acting upon it.
- Quit numbing your mind. What’s your mind-numbing tool of choice? TV? Facebook? Instagram? Words With Friends (Noooo! Don’t take that away from me!). Switch it off and do all the above.
These are some simple things that will really help raise your consciousness. Yes, I realise meditation is not in there. Why? Because some people don’t understand it. Some people need to experience the above points AS meditation before they can utilise deeper meditations.
Communing with nature is meditation. Reading fiction is meditation. Creating is meditation. Connecting with Self is meditation. Ending mind numbing activities is meditation.
Do it all. Experience life. Live life. Love it…
Don’t love it?
Create experiences that you DO love.
What do you love?